Many companies offer a matching gift program to encourage philanthropy among their employees. Some will even match to spouses and retirees.
See if your company has a matching gift program by checking with your Human Resources department.
Typical Online Matching Gift Submission Process for Donors:
While the online submission process can vary by company, it typically involves the following steps:
1. Employees log into the company’s matching gift submission website
2. Employees search for the nonprofit they wish to donate to
3. Employees select the nonprofit from the search results (if not found, they can enter the organization’s information)
4. Employees register their donation
5. Employees submit the matching gift request